This year my family added a new activity to our game playing on thanksgiving! We made our own board game for the holiday!
It was a lot of fun. I added some little extra things in it similar to chutes and ladders. So some spaces if people landed on them, they had to:
- collect leaves – roll to see what space the ended up landing on when they were done cleaning leaves. Some were forward,others were back some spaces.
- Take a nap – After eating to much, they had to take a nap and miss two turns.
- Pick a pumpkin – Similar to the collecting leaves they either moved forward or went back some spaces!
All items we had on hand except for the poster board I went out and bought for 50 cents (2 for a 1$ at dollar tree).
- Plastic doll food – We already had but dollar tree sells bags of them 1$
- large foam dice – I previously purchased at dollar tree
- markers, crayons, pens
- stencils – gift from JCPenny’s Kids Craft monthly activities
- poster board
My kids really liked the “Squash a food” sorry game aspect of it! If a piece landed on someone else square the piece squashed the existing one and moved it back one space!
We played it two different ways: 1 as a race to get the food to the finish. The other was just playing together as a team to get all the foods to the finish!