March 17th is St Patrick’s Day!
One of the traditions of the day is to wear something green in order to avoid getting pinched! It can be a ton of fun to pick out a cute St Patrick’s day outfit or make special pieces for the day. In the past I have made:
- Crochet Shawls
- Crochet Hats
- Make dresses – or other clothes
- Made Tutu –
- Jewelry – Bracelets, necklaces, and/or rings.
- Tye-die shirts – You could possibly buy white ones at the dollar store to make an easy craft project a lot can do together at an east to afford price!
- Attend one of the local parades or parties your city may be hosting.
- Watch the movie The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns. This is a very cute story!
- Throw your own party!
coloring a leprechaun! & other holiday themed pages. Many sites offer free coloring pages that can be printed out and used to make a homemade coloring activity book.
- St Patricks Day Car! (great to make for kids to sit in and do a drive thru movie experience in your own home watching a St Patrick’s day themed movie)
- pom pom critters
Snacks / Food related
- Gold coins out of food? Use this tasty fruit to make a pot of gold for a tasty side to any meal…
- Patricks Day Twix! – a tasty homemade treat!
- cucumber turkey sandwich
- Rainbow Pancakes
- Lionpaw Cream of Potato Soup!
Lionpaw’s personal blog posts concerning St. Patricks Day celebrations.
( Lionpaw’s St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest Board )
St. Patrick on Catholic Online http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=89