December 31 is New Years Eve &
January 1 is New Years Day!
- Construction paper & glue can be used to make a banner. Its real easy and is a great way to give children a fun task to help with on the decorations.
- Almost any game can be a great ice breaker for new people to meet each other and a time filler while everyone shows up for the party. They can also really help keep people entertained while waiting for the ball to drop. My husband had a tradition of playing Monopoly New Years Eve that we do every year!
Making our new years eve party bags! lists directions on party bags. Its a fun little project to make an assortment of bags to help count down the time until the ball drops. I tend to do one bag per a child per an hour until midnight. I fill them with an assortment of things I’ve talked about in Getting ready for the new year!
- Building new year signs and other messages with legos or mega blocks! All numbers can be made with blocks! It just might take a few attempts to figure out how! 🙂
- So many easy to do things can be done with a package of construction paper or even writing paper and some colored pens. Have people write down and/or draw great things that happened to them in the past year or things they are looking forward to in the new year. If the party is long enough, you can easily do both a reflection of the past and hopes for the future. Really though, it should be a wonderful time to connect with family over the great things going on in our lives.
Snacks / Food related
- Welch’s Sparkling Grape juice (a toast for kids!). a new spin on an old tradition! with the new flavors available!
New years lunch! (first meal for the new year for luck!).
Lionpaw’s personal blog posts concerning New Years Eve celebrations.
( Lionpaw’s Valentines Day Pinterest Board )